Business cards have always been a fun exercise for me. I’ve always done something different with my business cards – first were my a ’blogadh chairtean leis an dealbh agam, an uairsin pacaidean de Notaichean PostIt, agus o chionn ghoirid cairt caol le inneal-reic à Zazzle.
An-diugh bha mi a ’coimhead teleseminar de Ailig Mandossian in a business education series that I’m subscribing to and he pointed out a great opportunity that I’ve let slip past… three business cards in a row!
Cuid de fhìrinnean mu chairtean gnìomhachais
- Most people don’t remember the person they got them from.
- Tha a ’mhòr-chuid air an tilgeil air falbh. Phàigh thu airson rudeigin nach ann ainneamh a gheibh toradh air tasgadh!
- Of those people that actually keep them, very few are ever acted upon… mostly because there’s often no reason to!
Dè as urrainn a leasachadh
agad mo chairt gnìomhachais?
- Cuir do dhealbh air a ’chairt gnìomhachais agad. Leigidh seo le daoine cuimhneachadh cò thu!
- Tha Alex ag ràdh gum bu chòir dhut a bhith a ’toirt a-steach brìb bheusach. In other words, is there anything on your card that you can provide that will lead someone to take action? His example is a 1-800 number with a pre-recorded message. It’s impersonal and safe… and the person who calls it can benefit from the message.
- Include a message customized for the event you handed it out to. If you’re at a networking event, order some cards for those events. If you’re speaking at an event, include the event! If you’re at a conference… put the conference. By gnàthachadh a ’chairt chun an tachartais, thug thu dìreach a bòrd-cunntais beag to invite them to making contact as well as providing a viral component. When Alex hands out 500 cards, he sees 2,000 visits to his sites and phone numbers. That’s a nice viral component!
I’m about to order another set of my business cards and I’m going to incorporate these tips. My photo will be added (sigh!), I’m going to include a link to a free download with some advice and tips, and I’m going to pre-record a better message on Google Voice with some frequently asked questions about my business.
Let me know if you’re interested in the business series I’m subscribing to. It’s a bit pricy, but if I get a single contract from giving away business cards, it will pay for the entire business series… and I’m just on the first video. I’ve gotten many compliments on my recent cards – but I can’t say that they’ve gone viral or gotten me business!